Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post ) This topic is Closed Create a new Topic Start a Poll

(S5) - Special PT - Changes
Pens
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 08:36 AM

N/A

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

Add
One thing that I would really like to see added to the NSFL is more point opportunities for newer players to the league. Since I've joined the league I have been limited to just activity checks and training camp, which while it's fun it doesn't keep me super intrigued. I do like the league has equipment as a part of the TPE opportunities but the amount of work that must be put in for a user to even be able to afford equipment is insane. One thing that needs to be considered when increasing points is similar to currency, you don't want TPE inflation to become an issue. It's a hard line to walk but I think that should the NSFL figure it out we will be able to increase player retention which as I've been going through the league I have noticed is a very large issue. Increasing player retention in general will only allow it to help itself down the line, so making the league more inviting for new members seems like the best way to go. Should the league want to see success into later seasons, this is the way to keep building it's future above and beyond.

Remove
One big thing that I want to see removed is the DSFL TPE cap. I was reading through posts above this about how the cap is a big issue for player retention, and for me it will be of especially large concern. Seeing as I am likely to be the first quarterback of the next generation of quarterbacks, I will probably be waiting in the DSFL for a number of seasons before I can take my playstyle into the NSFL and while I understand the cap, I don't want to be sitting at the same TPE for up to three seasons.

Keep
I love the archetypes of this league, and how diverse you can make your player from every other player even inside your own archetype. At lower TPE levels you are able to dictate your style of play completely, and it even keeps up into the high TPE before elite levels and having maxed out attributes. The only thing I have with it is that I would like to see MORE ability to customize each archetype individually, like allowing a user one attribute to max out, or being able to spend league money to increase the cap of an ability by like up to 5 TPE with the purchased TPE going away at the end of the season.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Daybe
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 03:16 PM

N/A

Group:
DSFL GM
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

Add:
More fun during the offseason. For people locked into long contracts already who don't have much to do during the offseason, this period of time isn't that exciting. With the exception of reacting to big trades, it's not that user-friendly. I'm not sure how and what could be implemented, but I definitely think that there could be a lot improved regarding the offseason in our league, and it wouldn't be that hard to implement. Obviously, it should be able to get both rookies and seasoned veterans involved, so that everyone could experience the fun. But yeah, a more exciting offseason would be nice.

Remove:
DSFL TPE cap. I don't like this at all. The way I see it is that it restricts the most active rookies in the league from earning more TPE, which isn't a good thing. I think it's even worse with the newer draft classes, as the veteran players are beginning to hit their prime, and lots of skill position players will be stuck into the DSFL for a bit, with nothing to do. Obviously, this adds on to a bigger issue in this league, player retention. If you have nothing to do for a season, you're probably not going to be too interested in the league anymore.

Keep:
Twitter. It was pretty funny and cool when a few guys started making twitter accounts and started talking trash at the beginning (I think it was like Archon, Rindiee, R. Sandoval and me) and it's just grown from there. Plus, I think giving an opportunity to earn money for participating is an even better perk about it. Now I see a lot of guys o twitter, a lot of NSFL accounts. It's pretty cool to see how that's gone, and I don't think it would be a good idea to remove it or change anything of how it is right now in its current state. Kudos to whoever came up with the idea to start making it worth money, and I hope this can keep going.

--------------------

Player Page || Player Update Page

user posted image

QUOTE (Supersquare04 @ Apr 17 2018, 10:04 AM)

6.  Colorado Yeti (0-14)

Although we haven't played the 14th week of the season im still going to mark the Yeti down as 0-14.  Pickolas Nierno has broken the single season and all time interception records, previously held by Arbin Asipi the 5th, in only his rookie year.  There have been rumors that the Yeti will draft another quarterback for the 16th season in a row.
^
cpetrella
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 07:23 AM

N/A

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

not sure if i can do this since im not even drafted but ill do it just in case

ADD
One thing that I think would be great to add is a discord with all rookies from a draft class, along with rookie mentors. If you don't have rookie mentors, get them. The rookie mentors can be a huge help, and for new users, sim sites may be pretty confusing even with the tutorials. Not only could the rookie mentors and the discord help the rookies get a grasp of the site easier, it gives rookies a place to chat and meet new people and have fun, thus driving interest and activity in the site. With a good group of people, these servers can be so much fun. In the SHL, my rookie discord was amazing and it is a big reason why I got invested so early on.

REMOVE
I haven't been around enough to really experience anything, but I see that there is a DSFL TPE cap. I'm assuming DSFL is the equivalent to the SMJHL and I think having a cap for players in their first season there can be really detrimental to the site. I think that rookies should be able to earn as much TPE as they can not only to showcase themselves to Gms, but also to keep them active. If a rookie hits the cap, they might not have anything to do and become uninterested, which would be bad because if all the rookies become uninterested the site will die.

KEEP
Keep the great sim engine with visuals and keep the streams. They make this league very interesting and I am super excited to be able to start my first season and see my player make big plays and catch some touchdowns right before my eyes, instead of just reading a sim index. Of course, a game log is always good, but I think the ability to watch the games on a twitch stream with everybody is pretty awesome. You can react and see everyone else's reactions in the chat, you can shit talk the other team, and just have fun and kick the shit with your team.

--------------------
Footballer Catcherman WR

San Antonio Marshals; 1x Ultimini Champion; SA record for longest reception

Yellowknife Wraiths Prospect
^
tbone415
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 02:09 PM

Mascot of the Trumpet Bois

Group:
Recruitment Team
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

One thing I would like added to the league is more TPE opportunities. I like having the weekly PT and the weekend PT but I would like the opportunity to be rewarded for writing more than what is required. I could write 1,000 words and still get the same amount of TPE as a guy who wrote exactly 200. The people who go above and beyond deserve this. For example Pens just used part of his “Draft Day Fever” PT as a media article. If he had used the media article as the PT then he would still get the same amount of TPE as me who only did 204 words.

One thing I would like removed is the very OP bots in the DSFL. The Palm Beach Solar Bears steamrolled just about every team they faced in the playoffs nearly ruining parity. If the HO lowered the TPE on the offensive line for bot teams it might make it more fair. Another way to fix this is to raise the TPE on offensive line bots for actual teams. To add to what I said earlier, the teams with the best offensive lines perform best. I think I speak for all the GM’s of DSFL teams when I say this, please fix bot teams!

One thing I currently like about the league is how the HO hands out punishments. For example with the recent Er Multi’s controversy (very very very many multi’s), I like that the HO didn’t just straight up ban him and gave him a second chance. However he does it again I hope he is banned forever. I feel like with the Noble stuff all the evidence was circumstantial so I hope they do give him another chance especially after he fought so hard against it, but I can understand why they banned him because of his history. In the future I would like HO to give people a chance to explain themselves before using the ban hammer though.

In closing: Good job HO, you’ve been doing decent!

--------------------

user posted image
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Archived Point Tasks | Next Newest »

View Topic Options Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 6  This topic is Closed Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Mobile Version Last Visit: --