Supersquare04
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 11:54 AM

N/A

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

What a weird couple games we've had this week...These power rankings are really hard so chances are people are going to have differing opinions, for example on the index the power rankings put the Pythons at the top of the list.

1. (+0) San Antonio Marshals (4-2)

It was a rough week for the Marshals, they dropped their first game against KC in KC, and then they lost another one at home vs Tijuana, which is odd because they beat Tijuana on the road earlier in the season. I am not sure why this happened (the sim is dumb) but perhaps this is just an off week for San Antonio. On the bright side, Grey Slax jumped to 1st on the receiving yards board over Dwayne Aaron (not including bots). The running game still continues to be a strong factor for them, as they seem to have figured out a way to utterly dominate defenses no matter which of their backs are in.

2. (+0) Portland Pythons (3-3)

Portland seems to be unable to beat Norfolk no matter what, they have now dropped 2 games against Norfolk both against and at home. However I am not putting Norfolk over Portland over reasons I will address later. Portland looked like they were Greek Gods against KC, they had many interceptions and sacks on Borkus Maximus shut him out. Their offense was slow as a turtle in the first half but 2nd half adjustments got them into scoring mode and quickly racked up over 20 points on KC. Blessed Storm had a huge day with 4 catches for 69 yards, he was the leading receiver for that game. After throwing an interception in the first half Austin Roenick was able to shred the Kansas City defense. And although Glenn McPoyal had a rough game, dropping multiple balls, he has been seen taking time after practice with Roenick working on improving his game. The offensive Trinity of Aaron, Storm, and McPoyal is sure to come together very soon. What sets Portland apart from the rest of the league is their diversity, they can run it, pass it, and defend it all in one game, and if something isn't working then you have a problem.

3. (+0) Tijuana Luchadores (3-2-1)

For some reason I just cannot move any of the top 3 teams from their respective positions...I feel like Tijuana showed me that they are still a top threat after defeating San Antonio, although I don't think it puts them any higher than 3rd it definitely cements them as a real contender in the DSFL. They played a tough game in Palm Beach, coming away with a tie in enemy territory which isn't the worst thing. As for the strength they showed in the game against Palm Beach? They are a severally cursed team who I will discuss in a moment, but being able to beat them multiple times and tie them at their house is an impressive feat none the less.

4. (+2) Palm Beach Solar Bears (1-4-1)

After analyzing the schedule Palm Beach has had this season I truly do feel sorry for them. Out of their 6 games so far, they have faced 1 of the top 3 teams on this list 5 of those games. In other words they have faced the best teams in the league 5 out of their 6 games. the only other time they played a team that wasn't in the top 3 which was Norfolk, they dominated 36-14 AT Norfolk. Palm Beach simply doesn't have an answer to the teams above them, but I don't see any reason to put them lower than 4th on this list.

5. (+0) Norfolk Seawolves (3-3)

The Seawolves lower than Palm Beach? How dare you! I have plenty of reason for this, and one of the main factors is who they have beaten. 2 of their 3 wins came against the Portland Pythons which I must say is impressive, albeit it doesn't seem like Portland knows how to play against Norfolk. If you take that and consider that the only other team they've beaten is the Kansas City Coyotes who just got decimated 30-0 they don't look too hot when facing anyone but Portland. But kudos to them they got my locker room pretty feisty when we lost, but I don't think Norfolk can keep it up for too long, on paper Portland may be the best roster overall and they are vastly improving. Blessed Storm had a huge update and it showed vs Kansas City, McPoyal is getting back on track, and Borro Gore is working his hardest to take John Goose' starting role at running back (I just want to say that I figured out The Goose is Loose is a thing we used to say last year and that is the funniest thing I've heard in a while). I just can't put Norfolk very high but I can put them above the folks down at number 6...

6. (-2) Kansas City Coyotes (3-3)

Jiggly probably is going to think that KC is like the 4th best team in the league and so on and so on. But I think they are pretty darn bad. Poor Palm Beach has had the hardest schedule in the league and has won when not facing a top 3 team, Norfolk has been the kryptonite for Portland and you obviously can't put KC over Tijuana or San Antonio..So there isn't anywhere left to put them. I imagine Borkus Maximus is feeling a little unhappy after throwing multiple interceptions, taking a heap of sacks and playing arguably the worst game of his career. At this point its going to take them either making a big statement game against the Marshals in week 8 or someone really playing bad the next few weeks to get them out of number 8...They look like a mess and despite playing in Portland no team should get shut out and give up 30 points like that. The o line for them is terrible and possibly the worst part of their game, I don't think Borkus is bad at all he just gets pressured all the time and is forced to try and make a difficult throw. Kansas City may just lie here for a long while.

1053 Words
READY FOR GRADING

GRADED

This post has been edited by PaytonM34: Jan 17 2018, 09:24 PM

--------------------
user posted image

^
bovovovo
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 12:05 PM

N/A

Group:
NSFL GM
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

RIP Borkus //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/sad.gif

--------------------

Player Page ... Update Page
^
PaytonM34
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 12:28 PM

N/A

Group:
DSFL GM
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

I agree with pretty much everything here, we havent really shown that we can be dominant against portland or SA, and i agree that Palm Beach's record doesn't accurately depict their potential, it will definitely be more of a challenge to get that playoff spot over them than people think

--------------------
user posted image

[PLAYER UPDATES] [TWITTER] [PLAYER PAGE]
^
kckolbe
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 01:18 PM

N/A

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

QUOTE (PaytonM34 @ Jan 12 2018, 12:28 PM)
I agree with pretty much everything here, we havent really shown that we can be dominant against portland or SA, and i agree that Palm Beach's record doesn't accurately depict their potential, it will definitely be more of a challenge to get that playoff spot over them than people think

SA has had an easier schedule than TIJ, so they are almost even. As for PB, their first two games they had an advantage since removed. I think their record is only slightly below their value.

--------------------
user posted image
Kevin Cushing (above) narrowly avoiding patriotism

^
PoloPro
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 02:42 PM

N/A

Group:
DSFL GM
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

woo moving up in the world!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image user posted imageuser posted image

^
Drizzy
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 02:45 PM

N/A

Group:
Player Progression Team
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

Damn we suck

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Player Page || Update Page

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | NSFL Media | Next Newest »

View Topic Options Add Reply Fast Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Mobile Version Last Visit: --