Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

(S5) - Special PT - Changes
sapp2013
 Posted: Yesterday at 07:58 pm

N/A

Group:
NSFL GM
Member ID:
Total Post:

Written: Write 1 thing that you would like added to the league, 1 thing that you would like removed, and 1 thing that you currently like. Each part requires 100 words to be written to receive credit for it.

To Add:
So there are two things that I think we need to add. the first is a regression team. We discussed this a little bit in discord, but we really need to figure it out. our current system does not reflect football players at all, and assuming this was taken from SHL, it reflects a hockey players career more than an NFL players career. I have done a Regression Article recently that hopefully you will look at. yea, the values still need to be tweaked a bit, but it is moving in the correct direction. so to do this, we need to put together a team who will talk and test different systems for regression, and then implement them.

the second thing we need to add is a new sim engine. I was thinking madden 08. I know that it has been talked a lot about how it would be difficult to implement and how the games would be ridiculously long. there are sites that have mods on them and it is definitely worth a deeper look into. I did record a game with it with our players and thought some of you would like to see how awesome it looks and it is much better than following dots around and working with wolverine studios: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o5j_j5ftF0&feature=youtu.be

To remove: There's not really much that I want to remove. most of the stuff that some consider to remove can be fixed by adding something, which I think is a lot more positive thinking. I guess one thing we need to do a better job of is removing people from job positions when they disappear. keep those people accountable. Sure, if you go on a vacation, let people know and you will be fine or if an emergency comes up where you might nt reply for a couple days, but when people are ignoring this site for weeks at a time without notice, we should remove them from their jobs.

Like: One thing that I liked when it was implemented (idk anymore) is the Head Office decision tracker. It allowed us to see what was being discussed and if there were things that we cared about, we could see if they were up next or add them to the list if need be. Maybe add a position just for that with a little lower pay, say $3 mil just to keep track of everything happening. Another thing that I like is how dedicated HO members are, but you guys put in too much effort. I say add 2 more members to the HO so it takes a load off of you guys, especially now that you are also doing simming duties.

words: 488

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
^
Squamish
 Posted: Today at 01:28 am

N/A

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

Add:

I know this isn't really something that's up to the powers that be to implement, but a more robust and lively podcasting scene would be welcome. I'm only seeing a few podcasts and they're just kind of scattered in with media. It's nice to see your player mentioned in articles, but it's even better to hear someone talk about your player, or even your team. Perhaps a solution would be to allow podcast options on some of the PTs? I know for example the advertising PT that's up right now, that could easily be a radio style commercial. Just some small things like that would be nice.

Change:

Team specific DSFL locker rooms, these absolutely need to become a thing. I'm fairly active in the Luchadores discord and I like that, but it should only ever be used as a supplement to on site team discussion, not as a complete replacement. There are people who don't have discord and as it stands right now, those people have nowhere to just sit and talk casually with their teammates. In any other league I'm in, there are team specific locker rooms at all levels, from minors and/or college up to the main league. If this is a thing here, I'm not aware of it and need to be added, but I'm assuming if I'm not in it, it must not exist, since the season's a good way in by now. The only thing I'm seeing is "Rookie locker room" which frankly just doesn't feel like a thing since it has people from all sorts of teams.

Like:

I'm sorry, this has been a dislike for other people in this same topic, but I like that I can take whatever contract I want. If I want to be a good player but still barely take any money, I can do that, and I should be able to do that. There's a league I'm in where based on your TPE bracket, you have to take at least a certain amount of money, and while I get why they do it, it's ultimately developed into everyone taking exactly the minimum for the TPE bracket (since it's quite a large amount anyway) except if they're on terrible teams with no players. It's essentially removed contracts and negotiation from the league entirely. I'm happy with the way it's done here in that I can take 1 million if I want to take 1 million. I also like being able to play as a DT, which isn't always the case in football sim leagues (in fact, it's more often that you can't than that you can).

--------------------
user posted image
^
Byden
 Posted: Today at 02:31 am

N/A

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

One Thing I Want Added
I haven't been here for very long (just over a day if I'm correct) but I've managed to browse the boards quite a bit as I figured out what to do with my player. What I wish was available to me was more opportunity to earn training points as a player who isn't a part of the upcoming draft class and isn't on a team. Currently, my interest level in the league is fairly low mostly because I don't have a whole lot to do without playing or earning TPE. I plan to stick around, but other members might not.

One Thing I Want Removed
Again, I haven't been here long enough to see what's not going well, so I'm just gonna read some other people's answers and take it from there. What I would kind of like is if I had more ability to build my character the way I want to based upon his starting archetype. It's cool to be able to select from 3 or 4 different builds, but the difference between them I don't feel is big enough that it will be effective in making me feel different. Is my power rushing linebacker going to be stronger than buddies speed rusher? They might be even, or maybe I'm crazy overpowered. I would like to see the caps removed on building, or have strengths and weakness type settings instead, things you can select.

One Thing I Like
I love the general premise of this entire league. It seems like a great place to spread a love for sport and I'm looking forward to hopefully finding sites like this around if they exist. I already found the affiliates section of this site and I'm hoping to sign up for a couple of different ones and just haven't really gotten around to it yet. The idea of earning points weekly and competing against real people in a league that already has a dedicated member base is pretty cool to me, and I'm looking forward to getting to know my team mates and opponents in the future.

--------------------
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Point Tasks | Next Newest »

View Topic Options Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  Add Reply Fast Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Mobile Version Last Visit: --