*Yeti New Co-GM, Here we go again
sapp2013
 Posted: Nov 17 2017, 05:16 PM

N/A

Group:
Grader
Member ID:
Total Post:

It’s Sunday morning and I am just getting ready for the day. Stare over at my alarm clock as it reads 5:03am. Always a slow morning when we have a late game. I go to the kitchen to cook my normal game day breakfast: eggs, bacon, and toast. I shake a little less salt on my eggs this time as I have noticed that I have gained a bit of weight since my playing days. Gotta keep the Fiancé happy. I leave her a plate in the warming drawer as I go do my morning routine: lift, shower, and watch ESPN. They talk about Garden’s phenomenal year so far, Outlaws repeat, Legion still sputtering, and the Yeti supposedly closing in on a deal for their next GM. I personally sent in my resume and got two short interviews in during my busy schedule, but I had other duties to do. Home game versus the Marshals was definitely going to be another tough test. Our offense has been atrocious as of late and I am the one to blame for that. If we don’t score points, we cannot win; my favorite quote from John Madden. Hopefully we can spur something in these next two games and take a lead on the division.
I drive into the city, which is only about 15 minutes for me, and get stuck in that early traffic. My favorite song comes on, Redbone, and I start to crank it up until I get a weird look from the older gentleman in the car next to me. Fuck that guy. The stadium looks just as fabulous as ever. My parking spot just as empty as it should be. I get up to my office and start signing away on the game checks. Might as well do them now instead of when we are celebrating the win. Depth chart needs a little update, but that is easily handled. Working on a historic trade, but the other GMs want to much and are giving up too little, making my job that much more difficult.
Its 9:30 am now and some of the guys are finally arriving to the facility. All cheery eyed and ready for a big game. The Phone rings. I pick it up.
“Hello Mr. Vincent. How are you today?”
“Very well sir. May I ask who is calling?”
“This is Antonio Sandoval, GM of the Colorado Yeti. I think you know why I am calling you, but just to be perfectly clear, we think that at this moment in our organization, we believe you would be the right fit to join me as the Co-GM of the Colorado Yeti. We like what you have done with the Coyotes and we believe that is transferable to the big leagues. What do you say?”
“Uh, wow. I am flattered. Yes, of course I will accept the position. When should I get to the facility?”
"We have sent a private jet and it is waiting for you at the Kansas City airport as we speak. We are excited for you to join us.”
“Thank you, again. I will get over there as soon as possible. Thank you Mr. Sandoval.”
---
I gathered my things, walked over to our GM’s office and said, “Mr. Lee, you know that GM position that was open for the Yeti that I told you about the other day? Yea, I just accepted the position.” Not realizing that he was in the middle of a call, he waved me off without looking up from his computer screen. I took that as a ‘Good luck and thanks for your dedication’. Now thinking about it as I walk down the hall to the elevator, I don’t think he heard a word I said. Eh, he will figure it out eventually, right? The jet was waiting just like he said. I climbed up the steps, took one more stereotypical look back at the city that gave me a chance, and ducked into the plan, only to reemerge 2 hours later. I made sure my clock was set to the right time zone, and made my way to the limo that was awaiting me.
I arrive at the facility, and everything is bustling. I assume they have a game today and need to get everything ready for the event. I get stopped at the entrance, having to explain my story. They make a couple calls and 3 minutes later I am on my way up to the top floor. “Mr. Vincent!” I hear as the elevator doors are barely a crack open, eventually revealing Mr. Sandoval on the other side. “I am glad you got here so quickly. I need you to finalize the depth charts and strategy for the game as I need to get down to the locker room and prepare for the game. I am sure you will do a phenomenal job.”
“Oh right, you are the Starting Defensive Lineman as well. Alright I will get on that. When does the game start?”
“Uh. 4:30 I believe.”
“That’s in…four hours…”
“Yea, you will do a great job. I believe in you!” The door to the elevator shuts as I am left there absolutely flabbergasted at the fact that I need to game plan for the SaberCats and Outlaws in four hours. I look around and find a corner office with no name on it, so I take it. I found a sticky note later that I posted with my name on the empty name plaque outside the office. I get to work right away and after some time crunching numbers and moving players around, I think I have a game plan that will give us a chance in the next couple of games. Granted, I have never watched these players practice and only saw the defensive side of the ball from last year, this is a huge spitball of a strategy, but luck has served me well before. I bring the paper work down to the coach as he is about to make the final preparations for the game. He gives me a weird look, similar to the one I received earlier today, and I just half smile, give a big shrug, and say:
“Trust the Process?”

CODE
Words: 1,031

GRADED

This post has been edited by jparks98: Nov 18 2017, 11:40 AM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
^
kcheng686
 Posted: Nov 17 2017, 07:54 PM

N/A

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

No Offense, but can a player thats not on the Yeti be a Yeti Co-GM?

What if Bly Jr gets drafted by another team? Seems like it would lead to a conflict of interest

This post has been edited by kcheng686: Nov 17 2017, 07:54 PM

--------------------
user posted image
^
TheMemeMaestro
 Posted: Nov 17 2017, 08:41 PM

Cosborn's bro but not Rindiee's son

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

QUOTE (kcheng686 @ Nov 17 2017, 06:54 PM)
No Offense, but can a player thats not on the Yeti be a Yeti Co-GM?

What if Bly Jr gets drafted by another team? Seems like it would lead to a conflict of interest

Normallly ruling would have us take him in 2nd round automatically, but in this situation, we will most likely have the #1 pick OA.

--------------------
user posted image
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Graded Articles | Next Newest »

View Topic Options Add Reply Fast Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Mobile Version Last Visit: --