Posted: Feb 13 2018, 08:52 AM

N/A

Group:
DSFL GM
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

user posted image

Welcome to the second issue of the Not Famous Yet Magazine! An online magazine covering all the latest Developmental Simulation Football League news, headlines, highlights and insights. This will be a weekly to bi-weekly article series that will also include interviews from GMs, players, and prospects. In our second issue of the Not Famous Yet, we grade the S6 DSFL Draft by team and speak with NSFL #1 overall pick Brian Mills in an exclusive interview.

S6 DSFL Draft Grades

http://i.imgur.com/B7k4poD.png Kansas City Coyotes - GMs: 124715 & Ahriman http://i.imgur.com/B7k4poD.png
Picks: 1, 9, 13, 17
Grade: B+

user posted image
#1 Overall DSFL Pick Howard Miller

The Coyotes are looking to bounce back quickly after being the worst team in the DSFL for 2 seasons straight and with some new leadership it appears they are headed in the right direction. Howard Miller(BenLongshaw) was the clear #1 pick overall based on TPE and league history. Miller already had quite the head start on his peers as a part of the Tijuana Luchadores last season through a late waiver pickup and is currently signed to a large multimillion dollar contract through Longshaw Sports, a new sports management company run by former NSFL star Ben Longshaw. Miller is the clear choice for number 1 and the Coyotes nailed it.

user posted image
Thomas Kane III lining up before a play

Thomas Kane III (greygoosevodka) was selected at #9 overall and was a starting linebacker for the Pythons last season and put up incredible numbers in the playoffs with his highlight game against the Norfolk Seawolves where he was defensive player of the game with 9 tackles, 1 sack and 1 fumble recovery. For their 13th pick, the Coyotes made an interesting selection in Bubba Beau-Boucher(Angels_Otani), who made waves early on before the draft and was getting noticed around the league as a potential first rounder. Boucher fell to the 4th round for a myriad of reasons and it’ll be interesting to see if the Coyotes decide to try him at a different position if they want to stick with the returning journeyman quarterback, Mark Strike as their first string starter. Their final selection came at #17 overall with tight end Stone Hans as the last pick in the draft overall. Not much is known about the vertical threat tight end, but he showed some great potential in the Senior Bowl and has the makings of a potential Glenn McPoyal from last season with enough hard work and training. Time will tell if Hans ends up being the steal of the draft.

http://i.imgur.com/gjTM85g.png San Antonio Marshals – GMs: Roly & run_CMC http://i.imgur.com/gjTM85g.png
Picks: 2, 4, 5, 6
Grade: A

user posted image
#4 Overall DSFL Pick Ryan Applehort in practice

The Marshals had a quick succession of picks from the end of the 1st round to most of the 2nd round and made good use of their advantage by taking 4 offensive players in a thin draft class. Alvin Chipmunk(andybj) was selected at #2 overall and was a star in the making as he played for the Pythons as a late waiver pick up. He’ll be a great target for the next Marshals pick, Ryan Applehort(Daybe), as the second quarterback taken in this draft class. Applehort is a proven commodity much like Howard Miller and should be the dependable passer that the Marshals are seeking to help build their passing offense. The Marshals expanded this into the next 2 picks with Footballer Catcherman and Jeff Taven as their next 2 picks.

user posted image
Wide Receiver Catcherman living up to his namesake

Catcherman(cpetrella) played a great game in the Senior Bowl and illustrated his reliability with great hands and athleticism by catching 6 passes for 47 yards and 2 touchdowns. The wide receiver from North Carolina rounds out the new offensive passing game of the Marshals as Jeff Taven(TetrisTech) was selected with the final Marshals’ pick. Although he joined the league a few days before the draft, Taven is already making a name for himself around the league and the locker rooms as a vocal leader among the rookies. Possession receivers do well in the DSFL and this was a great pick by the Marshals overall.

http://i.imgur.com/f7UBKic.png Tijuana Luchadores - GMs: PaytonM34 & jaskins811 http://i.imgur.com/f7UBKic.png
Picks: 3, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16
Grade: B

With a majority of picks in this draft courtesy of the Portland Pythons, the Luchadores were in prime position to pick quite a few key players to revamp their season having lost star players like Brian Mills, Elvin Enchant, None Forfeit, Antonio Legion, and starting quarterback Arbin Asipi Jr.

user posted image
#3 Overall DSFL Pick Sam Penner getting ready to throw

The Luchadores made an excellent selection in Sam Penner(Pens). Penner was one of the most active quarterbacks in the rookie locker room and proved to be a regular gym rat putting in extra time in developing his skills along with regular media appearances that made him highly visible to all DSFL GMs. He’s a true pocket passer in his own right and the Luchadores have a solid foundation to build upon if he remains consistently active. With their 7th overall pick, the Luchadores picked up Ugandan Knuckles(bennyboy_456) for some defensive line assistance and his relationship with GM PaytonM34 has paid off for the team in a major way. Knuckles is one of two defensive lineman in this thin draft class and one of the few defensive players overall. He’ll provide the pass rushing that will be needed as this season is shaping up to be a pass heavy offense meta in the DSFL.

For their next pick, the Luchadores selected speed receiver Dustin DeMarco(Ramrod18) at 8th overall. This was a puzzling decision as several well regarded players were still on the board like Cole McCoy and Bubba Beau-Boucher so it stands to reason that the Luchadores didn’t like the results of their scouting for these other players. DeMarco is perhaps the biggest unknown in this draft not having done any preseason training or shown any signs of activity in the league. It’s possible that the Luchadores may know more than most of the other GMs in the league in regards to DeMarco’s status and were willing to take a chance on such a big question mark. For their next pick, they picked up Lonnie Rott(Kigs77) as the only safety in the draft at #11. Rott is another PaytonM34 recruit and has the makings of the next ‘playmaker’ that the Luchadores are looking for. His ability to keep up with wide receivers will pay off dividends for the Luchadores as they face their division rivals if he can remain active in the league.

user posted image
Cornerback Joel Shroeder lining up for the next play

The Luchadores select Kevin Kendrick(BARRAGMING) with their 12th overall pick and appears to be taking another chance at an unknown player who declared hours before the draft began. Kendrick is the only runningback in this draft class, but may be worth the risk considering how offense deprived the Luchadores are. The power back may be what they need to expand their offense instead of heavily relying on Sydney Spinelli. For the next 3 picks, the Luchadores select Harrison Goertz (Byden), Joel Shroeder(Shrodawg), and Dae-Jung Jo(datboi). Goertz’s activity has fallen off in the recent week and hasn’t been seen around the league training facilities, but it’s possible the linebacker just needed some time off after spending some time in Kansas City last season as a waiver pickup. He can play a big role in Tijuana if he comes back and trains consistently. Joel Shroeder impressed a few GMs during his scouting process and it’s alarming to see such a prospective player drop so low in the draft considering how a decent cornerback can turn a game completely around with one interception and shift the momentum favorably. This may be another potential steal of the draft if the Luchadores can manage to keep him engaged. Dae-Jung Jo, or as the NFY staff call him the “Korean JJ Watt”, is an excellent power rusher who was selected at 16th overall. This was a surprising result as many believed Kansas City would select him in the earlier round, but Tijuana is looking to become the best defense in the DSFL again for the second straight year. With a solid front 2 defensive end lineup, they are sure to terrorize offensive lines all season long.

https://i.imgur.com/ajPIy7x.png Portland Pythons - GMs: PDXBaller & speculadora https://i.imgur.com/ajPIy7x.png
Pick: 10
Grade: C+

user posted image
The Portland Pythons only pick, Cowboy Cole McCoy

The Pythons took a chance at trading away their 4th overall pick to get the 10th and 20th picks hoping the draft class would expand enough for them to take 2 players. Unfortunately the gamble didn’t pay off for them, but they managed to get the one player at the top of their draft board in Cole McCoy (TrueTexican). The Texan quarterback didn’t grab a lot of attention like his cohorts Penner, Applehort, or Boucher, but managed to impress many GMs with his southern disposition and hardnosed work ethic. The Pythons lost a majority of their star studded offense last season and are looking to ‘rebuild’ this upcoming season with hopes of McCoy developing into a King Bronko-esque quarterback. McCoy will have to work hard to catch up to his peers who already have more established training and experienced staff among them, but he could develop into a star quarterback with enough time and patience.

Interview with Brian Mills
“With the first pick in the S6 NSFL draft, the New Orleans Second Line select…Brian Mills from the Tijuana Luchadores!”

user posted image

As a part of Tijuana’s best defense in team history, Brian Mills provided the superior coverage as a linebacker for the Luchadores and racked up impressive stats along the way: 142 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 5 sacks, 1 interception, and 1 pass deflection. Mills also set the record for most tackles in a game with 18 against the San Antonio Marshals in week 6 along with setting the record for most tackles in a season at 142. The likes of Mills has never been seen before in the DSFL and his records will probably stand the test of time for many seasons to come. Not Famous Yet Magazine had a chance to talk to Mills shortly after his selection to New Orleans.

NFY: How does it feel to be the #1 Pick?
Mills: Being the number one pick in the draft definitely feels great! All of the hard work this past season payed off and I got on the radar of mostly every team's scouts. Happy that NOLA had the #1 pick too so that kind of worked out nicely.

NFY: What are you looking forward to in New Orleans?
Mills: Definitely looking forward to being part of the complete rebuild that's happening in New Orleans. Being a part of a team that's rebuilding is excited, and I think if we go on to have success it won't feel as though I’m riding on the coat-tails of players who have already established a name for themselves. Also being with guys like Brister, Askins, Booter, Bovo, and PFTN is going to make for a great locker room

NFY: What excites you the most about playing in New Orleans? What's something you are NOT looking forward to?
Mills: The thing I'm excited most about playing in New Orleans is playing on the same side of the ball as DROY Brister... And the memes..... The thing I'm not looking forward to is the people comparing us to the Browns....

NFY: Tell us about the draft process. Did you think any teams might move up to select you?
Mills: The draft process was pretty easy going, lots of teams were in contact with me, but they almost all mentioned that the only way they would be able to draft me is if something crazy happened. Honestly I don’t think NOLA would have traded out of #1 unless they had a really reealllly good offer for it. Part of the rebuild process is taking guys that will make your team better, so I don't think NOLA would want to risk that.

NFY: Any words of advice for new rookies coming into the league?
Mills: Stay active in the discord locker room, and get them “teps” ..... And play for Lucha //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Be on the lookout for the next issue and good luck to all the teams in the upcoming season! It should be an exciting year for the DSFL again!

2005 words, please pay $500k to PaytonM34 and the rest to myself

This post has been edited by bovovovo: Feb 17 2018, 11:50 AM

--------------------
user posted image

^
Roly
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 09:05 AM

N/A

Group:
DSFL GM
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

Great read man. I think C+ is a little harsh on yourself though, the Cowboy is a great pick at 10 OA.

--------------------

user posted image
San Antonio Marshals GM
Player Page || Update Page

NOT FAMOUS YET - A DSFL Podcast
^
cpetrella
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 11:33 AM

N/A

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

Great read, thanks for the kind words!
^
Pens
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 01:29 PM

N/A

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

Great article man, thanks for the shoutout //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
^
Shrodawg
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 04:55 PM

N/A

Group:
Members
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

Great article! I like my picture there!
^
Daybe
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 06:25 PM

N/A

Group:
Updater
Member ID:
Total Post:

N/A

I'm lovin that A grade //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif

--------------------

Player Page || Player Update Page

user posted image
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | NSFL Media | Next Newest »

View Topic Options Add Reply Fast Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Mobile Version Last Visit: --